When it comes to online marketing, search engine optimisation is a term most marketing gurus are familiar with. Search engine optimisation or SEO is a strategy that helps websites and webpages to appear and rank higher among the search engine rankings. In detail, it studies the algorithms of different search engines and optimises the websites to get favourable rankings on different search engines. Nonetheless, it is not enough to stuff your websites with all the SEO strategies. In fact, it is counterproductive to put too much of each SEO strategy. In order to achieve desirable results, a balance on different SEO strategies is necessary. Here are the important components to achieve a perfect SEO campaign.
- Quality Keywords – A website does not need to compete on all keywords in its niche. It only needs to focus on several quality keywords that has a balance of less competition and huge amount of searches.
- Keyword Frequency – Stuffing keywords on a single page is a bad strategy. The number of times a specific keyword should appear in a page should only be around once in every hundred words. Any more than that and the domain would get penalised by search engines.
- Quality Links – The quality of the link depends on the ranking of the link page. Linking your webpage to another webpage with high page ranking is the ideal situation to maximize the impact of links to your website rankings.
- Quality Backlinks – It is not enough to link your webpage to high ranking web pages. Quality backlinks are important. Backlinks are when another website puts your link into their webpages. The combination of quality links and backlinks will provide significant boost on the search engine ranking.
- Relevant Contents – Content is the lifeline of a website. It is important to post content that is relevant to the website’s niche. It is the reason the website will get repeat visitors, followers and potential customers which can turn into profits.
- Diverse Contents – In order to keep visitors interested on the website, contents should be diverse. A balance of articles, videos, slideshows and even infographics can provide interesting options for visitors to keep visiting the websites.
Search engine optimisation is undeniably a crucial aspect for every website and online campaign. However, a delicate balance must be observed to take full advantage of the benefits of SEO. If you are planning to start an online marketing campaign, it is necessary to hire an SEO consultant – (Gareth Bull) to get results quickly and efficiently.